Healthy Recipe: Greek citrus muffins.
- 1 cup whole Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure honey.
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of sifted wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pour one cup of plain greek yoghurt into a bowl with half a cup of pure honey, one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and two teaspoons of vanilla essence. Combine.
1. Preheat oven to a moderate heat.
2. Add all wet ingredients to one bowl and thoroughly mix.
3. Sift all dry ingredients into another bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine. Be careful not to mix too much, otherwise a light consistency will not be achieved.
5. You can either make this recipe into one cake, or 12 medium sized muffins. Grease pan accordingly.
6. Place in oven and bake until the cake/muffins are a golden brown colour, and upon placing a skewer through the middle, it comes out dry.
7. When cooked, allow to cool a little before pouring yoghurt sauce over the muffins/cake.
8. As a finishing touch, add some blanched, finely chopped almonds to the top of the muffins/cake.